Thursday, March 15, 2018

Spring Break with Rebecca


Good day, everyone!  The season of Spring brings thoughts of  blooming flowers, robins and for some of the lucky ones...Spring Break! I used the Navigator Paper Pack to create the following double page layout.





By the Sea



**********************************

This layout was inspired by all the strips of paper I had leftover from previous layouts I had created. I simply cut down the paper into strips that ranged from 4.5, 2.5, 1.5 and .5 inch strips. 

I inked all the strips with Kokomo, Capri Blue and Sandy Shore.

I used one sheet of the colored world map paper on left side of the page and used the half sheet on the right side of the layout. I completed the right side of the page using the strips in various widths. I repeated layering strips on the left side of the page but went horizontal instead of vertical. 

***********************************



*************************************
I stamped the flowers using Tropical Punch, the sea leaves with Cactus and the tree branches with Sandy Shore. I die cut the images and colored them with the same ink using a blending tool.

*************************************


***************************************
After matting and placing my photos, I began to layer my flowers, shells and sea leaves.  I used a circle punch to punch out the circle phrases from the cardstock paper phrases.

***************************************


******************************************
I used a large die cut to mat the photo in the center of the page. I layers the flowers, sea leaves, and tree branches along the bottom of the photo. I had to strips left to use, so I cut a "v" out of the ends of them and placed them over the photo. I added some pearl flourishes as an added embellishment.

******************************************




I repeated the flower layering on the right side of the page and added copper brads to the phrase I cut out of the cardstock phrases and popped it up with foam tape. 

Although, I won't be "Spring Breaking" somewhere warm, this layout will remind me of the beautiful sea that is so blue. I hope you enjoyed today's blog post! 



Quick Qutoes Products used:
Navigator Paper Pack-coming soon
Navigator Cardstock Phrases-coming soon
PowderPuff Chalk Ink: Tropical PunchCapri BlueCactusSandy ShoreKokomo

Other products used:

Tree branches, flowers, shells and sea leaves-Heartfelt Creations
pearl flourish-Want 2 Scrap
Large Die cut-Spellbinders
cardstock, trimmer, glue, prills







No comments:

Post a Comment