Monday, March 26, 2018

Travel Far and Away with Rebecca

Hi, everyone!! Last Thursday I did my first "Live" on my My Facebook Page 
I really had fun doing it and think I just might start doing one every Thursday. It's a great way to interact and craft with people from all over the world! Today's blog post is all about PowderPuff Chalk Inks...


 PowderPuff Chalk inks are so versatile and are a staple in my crafting. Of course, they are excellent to add a distressed look to the edges of paper and cardstock. They cover chipboard quickly and easily and stamp beautifully with any type of stamp...polymer, red rubber, etc. They also blend very smooth to create backgrounds for cards and photo mats. I used my chalk inks in a few of the ways I mentioned to create the following layout... 



Wonderful Planes

****************************






I began my layout by gathering my embellishments.

**********************



I stamped the clouds on white cardstock using Deep Sea chalk ink and then cut them out using a coordinating die. The airplane was die cut out of grey cardstock and inked with Cool Grey chalk ink. I used a 1 1/4 circle punch to punch out the circle sayings from the Cardstock Paper Phrases. I used Deep Sea once again to ink the edges.

*************************




Next, I created my photo mats by taking plain white cardstock and using a blending tool. I layered Cool Grey ink until I achieved the level of color I wanted. It was the perfect mat for the cardstock phrase I had chosen. I also used the same color to edge the individual suitcases I fussy cut from the paper.

************************





I used Tropical Punch ink to edge the semi-circle and striped paper, too. 

********************

Right side of the layout

Left side of layout


********************

As you can see, PowderPuff chalk are really a must-have item for crafting! With so many colors available, you certainly can find a color for any crafting need. You can also use them for a technique I showed in a earlier post on the blog. You can find it here.


Products Used:


Other Products Used:
Cardstock-Bazzill, Club Scrap, Core'dinations
Border Punch-Stampin Up! 
Airplane die cut and phrases-Sizzix 
Cloud stamp and die-Cele'brations by Richard Garay 









No comments:

Post a Comment