Monday, February 26, 2018

Drunken Chalk Ink Technique




Good day, everyone!  Today's blog post is all about PowderPuff Chalk inks! They pack a punch in a small package. You can stamp, color and blend with them but did you know you can create beautiful backgrounds, too? Let's take a look at the Drunken Chalks technique...

Tools needed: Powderpuff chalk inks, rubbing alcohol, glossy card stock and embossing gun.



Easter Blessings






Choose your colors and fill a mister with rubbing alcohol. Cut a piece of glossy card stock to the size you desire.

Starting with the lightest color, press pad to glossy card stock in a random fashion. Next, apply medium color in the same manner and finally the third color. Saturate the glossy card stock with the mister filled with alcohol. Use embossing gun to swirl the color. Move the gun around the glossy card stock and you can see the colors run together. Dry completely, moving gun constantly, so paper will not bubble.

You can add a metallic shine by adding a gold pigment ink. Press pad directly on the glossy card stock as you did with the chalk ink. Saturate the card stock with the alcohol filled mister.

Use embossing gun to move the color as you did with the chalk inks. 

Spray finished piece with Clear sealer in a matte finish. This will keep the pigment ink from rubbing off. 
**************************************
 You can easily transform this technique for use on a scrapbook page. I used a 3 x 11 strip of glossy card stock and did the above steps using Tropical punch, Island orange chalk inks and silver pigment ink. I usually don't make one photo pages but this picture of my grandson, Andrew with his cousin, Stella made this layout the exception to the rule. This is how I began to create this...



I chose a piece of the Spring Showers paper and tore a "v" shape in the top and sides of the paper. Using a hole punch and eyelets. I set eyelets along the sides of the "v" shape.

I laced ribbon through the eyelets and taped one set to the back of the paper and the other  "v" shape I tied a bow.

I gathered my embellishments; most came from fussy cutting the designs out of the paper. I die cut the trellis and flourish  and punched some green flowers from card stock. I took the glossy card stock background paper I created and punched out flowers from it. 

Matted my photo from another sheet of paper from Spring Showers

Layered my embellishments and added jewels to the center of my flowers. I inked all my fussy cut pieces with chalk ink.

I added pearls to the smaller punch flowers.


                                                                   Cousins
Finished Layout
PowderPuff chalk inks can do oh, so many things! I hope you give it a try! If you are a visual learner, you can watch the video Here. Have a great day!



Quick Quotes products used: 
Capri Blue
Bermuda
Key Largo
Island Orange
Tropical Punch
Spring Showers...coming soon
Copper Brads
Vellum Quote-Cousins

other products: Flower punch, eyelets, ribbon, card stock, scissors
trellis die-cheery lynn
flourish die-spellbinders
encore metallic ink pad, gold and silver



2 comments: