Thursday, May 3, 2018

Mother's Day Inspiration


Hello, everyone! It's Rebecca hosting today's blog post. Mother's Day is right around the corner! Are you ready to shower your Mom with love? How I wish my Mom was still with me! She has been gone 9 and a half years and I remember her everyday. My Dad and her were married for 59 years. They raised 9 girls and 3 boys...I am the baby. She loved to garden and she loved flowers. The new collection, Secret Garden, is perfect to use for a framed gift for my sister, Juliet. She is 15 years older than I and has always been like a second mother to me. She is "Grandma" or rather, affectionately known as "Anknee" to my youngest son, Elijah. At age 13, he has just a few memories of my Mom.

                                                      "Blessed to call u Mom"





It is a very simple layout. I wanted the idea of pictures tucked inside a garden of flowers. 

  • I cut a 4 inch strip of the celery green color in the collection.
  • I used a green cardstock to add a decorative edge and layered it behind the celery green strip.
  • I die cut decorative circles and matted my photos and inked the edge of the rectangle mat.
  • I fussy cut flowers from a second sheet and overlaid them on the matching flowers.
  • I die cut the title and adhered it the the celery green strip.
  • I add premade flowers and flourish pearls





I will place this in a 12 x 12 frame and give it to my sister for Mother's Day. She will love it! If you have your Mom this year for Mother's Day, you, too are blessed!

Thanks for stopping by the blog today!



Quick Quotes Products Used:
Secret Garden...coming soon
PowderPuff Chalk Inks: Royal Blue

Other Products used:
Flourish Bling by Want 2 Scrap
Flowers by Petaloo
Dies by Spellbinders

No comments:

Post a Comment